Friday, October 6, 2017

As Time Goes On

                                                               Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.


Calmly we look behind us, on joys and sorrows past,
  We know that all is mercy now, and shall be well at last;
  Calmly we look before us,--we fear no future ill,
  Enough for safety and for peace, if Thou art with us still.
JANE BORTHWICK



When we become parents, it is then that we truly begin to feel just how fast time goes by, especially when they begin school. Time just flies by and suddenly this small infant we held in our arms happens to be a fully grown adult. 

I hear young parents often say to me how much they miss their children as toddlers and wish time would stand still. It's just going by way too fast. How true, how very true. 

I often think about my own children and when they were tiny babies. I think of all the little affectionate times we have shared. It was so much easier to heal and wipe away the tears with a simple kiss or a cookie. It was so long ago. Times have gotten a lot tougher. That simple kiss and cookie doesn't work as well anymore. 

 Now that they're adults, I think of all the little things they do for me. Like my Joey, who would wash my car for me. He always picked up milk or whatever we needed on his way home. He would rub my feet after a hard night at work. Every Friday night, he would call me on his way home from work and tell me about his week. Now he has a wife to do all these things for and that's okay. It is the way of life. Time goes on. 

When Emily leaves me, as she will, I will miss all the delicious meals she would make at the drop of a hat. I will miss both the early morning and late night chats we have. We go to Church together. We watch movies together. We even work right across the street from one another. I will miss these things. It is the way of life. Time goes on.

I think that as time goes on, we see our relationships with others either deepen or widen, depending on the intimacy. Sometimes, we just have to move on alone. The memories never disappear for they stay with us forever. 

Have a blessed day everyone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...