Wednesday, October 18, 2017

My Daughter

                                                                    Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.


She met the hosts of Sorrow with a look
  That altered not beneath the frown they wore,
  And soon the lowering brood were tamed, and took,
  Meekly, her gentle rule, and frowned no more.
  Her soft hand put aside the assaults of wrath,
    And calmly broke in twain
    The fiery shafts of pain,
  And rent the nets of passion from her path.
  By that victorious hand despair was slain;
  With love she vanquished hate, and overcame
  Evil with good, in her great Master's name.
W. C. BRYANT.


After having two boys, my third pregnancy resulted in a girl. She came into this world as a total surprise to me. My first sentence after the nurse told me it was a girl: A girl? What am I going to do with a girl?
She really hasn't changed physically that much in years.
Well, that girl grew up. She was a handful. According to my grandmother Bernice, she may look like her father, but the attitude is all me! Every time I spoke with grandma complaining about her antics of the day, she had the same answer. The apple never falls far from the tree. 
                                                     One of those rare moments where hugs are available.


Now she is a grown woman, fierce and strong. Who knew, I would have such a close relationship with this young lady. 
                                                                The color purple.  Her all time favorite color.


                                                                   One of my favorites.


She has always been different from everyone else. People love cake on their birthday, but not her. She blows out the candles on her pie!

                                                                           Funny girl.

The truth is that we have become more like roommates than mother/daughter relationship. I love the relationship we have grown into and cannot wait to see the future we will share. Happy birthday Emily.

Have a Blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...