Monday, July 30, 2018

Some Days . . . .

                                                           Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

Serene will be our days and bright,
    And happy will our nature be,
  When love is an unerring light,
    And joy its own security.

Some days just don't turn out well at all. It doesn't matter how much you may want to turn it around, it just continues to go downhill. For me, usually those kind of days always seem to be Fridays. Never been able to figure out the why.

Don't get me wrong, it did start well. I got up early and headed out the door. The traffic wasn't too bad nor the construction. Even the rain held off the entire time I was at the doctors. A good start. Things changed the minute I entered the parking lot elevator. It got stuck maybe 30 seconds after we began our descent. Boom! We're not moving. 

There were four of us. A grandma, an adult daughter and a teenage son, along with myself. Let me tell you something. Women can handle anything. We didn't even panic, but immediately pressed the emergency button. The young man, well, he didn't do so well at all. No matter how much the mom and grandma tried to calm him, he was having none of it. He wanted off right now! The service person came immediately as if he was standing right by the elevator door. The rescue didn't take too long either, maybe 30 minutes. 

I was late for my appointment by ten minutes. They in turn made me wait a good 20 minutes to call me into the doctor's waiting room. Another 45 minutes before the intern of the month came to see me and another 15 before my oncologist finally showed up. Of course, my relationship being what it is with her, I told her of my wait. She looked at the intern as if she had no idea the appointments were behind. I shouldn't have complained, because she wasn't exactly gentle during the examination. The intern, I mean.

Then I waited in line to make all of my future appointments. There's another oncologist visit, a Mammogram and a Ct. scan. Then they wanted me to wait another Lord knows how long for the lab work. It was already close to noon and I had to get to work by 02:30 p.m. There just wasn't enough time, especially since I wasn't even dressed for work. 

Mind you, I got up at 05:30 a.m. and headed out by 07:30 a.m. for a 09:20 a.m. appointment. All of the above took too much time and suddenly it was noon. I drove home and finally made it in by 1 p.m. Grabbed a quick bite, changed my clothes and headed back out for work. Next time, I'm taking off work, because I do not want to be rushing like this again. I'm way too old for that now. 

Work was no better. By the time I finally walked into the apartment around 11:15 p.m., I was done! Literally done! My feet hurt! I was extremely tired and I went to bed almost immediately only to toss and turn all night. That's another story. It's called the arthritis story. And how was your Friday?

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yarn Bombing My Life

                            Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey. Some murmur if their sky is clear, And wholly bright ...