Monday, July 9, 2018

Psalm 23


                                                                        Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                        everyday is a journey.



And son I live, you see,
Go through the world, try, prove, reject,
Prefer, still struggling to effect
My warfare; happy that I can
Be crossed and thwarted as a man,
Not left in God's contempt apart,
With ghastly smooth life, dead at heart,
Tame in earth's paddock, as her prize.
--Robert Browning.

What a beautiful scene above. An ideal scene in my opinion. I have always loved a good scene, especially if it involved greenery, forests or woods of any kind. It reminds me of serenity and peace. We have been studying the Psalms in Church on Sunday. There is something about these Psalms that stirs one's soul just like the scene above. One cannot go through a study of them without being affected in some way. For some, a conviction takes place, a soul searching of what needs to come out. 
The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
    He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
    he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
    for his name’s sake.
Even though I walk
    through the darkest valley,[a]
I will fear no evil,
    for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me.

Believe me, a lot is coming out of me. I reflect back to a time when things may not have been so great and yet, I have never felt that God wasn't with me all the way. My mind has been racing lately with all sorts of thoughts. I can feel change is coming, a very important change. A  little scary, all this uncertainty. 
You prepare a table before me
    in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
    my cup overflows.
Surely your goodness and love will follow me
    all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
    forever.

How beautiful these words, how they touch one's heart. These words could only have been written by David. Who else could display such beauty of worship to our Lord? Only David. 

These Psalms . . . they stir something in me. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...