Monday, July 2, 2018

Changes






                                                                        Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                         everyday is a journey.



That low man seeks a little thing to do,
Sees it and does it:
This high man, with a great thing to pursue,
Dies ere he knows it.
That low man goes on adding one to one,
His hundred's soon hit:
This high man, aiming at a million,
Misses an unit.
That, has the world here--should he need the next,
Let the world mind him!
This, throws himself on God, and unperplexed
Seeking shall find him.
--Robert Browning.

So we have been sold again. Nothing really surprising here. I always suspected that eventually the current Company would do so if we weren't productive financially to them. I had a feeling that sooner or later they would sell us to someone else. I just had no idea it would be this soon. It threw me for a loop a little bit, because of my being so close to having my retirement points. 

I began to worry about my pension. What would happen to it? Most likely, I won't be able to leave in 4 years. Everything changed in one afternoon. I wasn't the only one with these concerns as the rumor mill went into overdrive around my workplace. 

The next morning, I awakened with a thought that seemed to have popped into my mind from somewhere. I knew from where. I believe it was God saying to me not to worry. It said: You keep doing what you're doing and I'll take care of the rest. 

Why do we automatically think the worst of any situation that may be unknown to us or at least, the outcome? We spend so much time worrying needlessly for nothing. Whenever I think of my life, no matter what troubles came to my door, I somehow survived them. I mean, here I am, aren't I? Sometimes, for even the better.

So while things are pretty uncertain right now and things will definitely change, we have to prepare our hearts and minds to what is coming. Change is harder as we age, change is at times very necessary. I just have to believe this is the case for me. We live life as best as we know how and we enter the paths of our journey with full faith that there is something better for us at the end.

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...