Saturday, July 7, 2018

A Day Of Fun

                                                               Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                 everyday is a journey.



'Twas doing nothing was his curse—
Is there a vice can plague us worse?
The wretch who digs the mine for bread,
Or plows, that others may be fed,
Feels less fatigue than that decreed
To him who cannot think, or read.
Not all the peril of temptations,
Not all the conflict of the passions,
Can quench the spark of Glory's flame,
Or quite extinguish Virtue's name.


I'm happy to report the kitchen is finished! It's painted and restored to an even better look. I didn't post yesterday, because I was exhausted! Completely exhausted, fatigued to the bone! I cannot believe how getting this kitchen to look decent took so much out of me physically. I haven't felt so tired since my chemo days. I can't do these type of things anymore.

Yesterday, we decided to get up early and head out to a hidden gem we found by accident among this suburban community. We went to Wagner Farm! Yup, a farm right here among the upper crust of the North Shore. Now, we do not live in this posh neighborhood, but often pass through. 

We had so much fun! The weather so perfect! Not too hot nor too cold. Perfect!








 
We spent the entire morning at the farm, enjoying ourselves like small children. We ended the experience with a treat of some ice cream at the Sweet Shoppe. When we got home, I was so exhausted from the morning and the painting earlier in the week, that I ended up laying in bed for the rest of the day. I'm still tired, but fighting it all the way!

Have a blessed day everyone. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...