Sunday, July 8, 2018

A Golden Harvest

                                                     Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                        everyday is a journey.




We scatter seeds with careless hands,
And dream we ne'er shall see them more;
But for a thousand years
Their fruit appears
In weeds that mar the land.


While we were at the Wagner Farm, we noticed that they have a weekly farmers market every Saturday. They invite other vendors from other farms as far as from Wisconsin and Michigan to come sell their wares right along side of them. 

Now, I have been at these type of markets in Chicago and I have been greatly disappointed in them. I never felt as if they were truly farmers, but perhaps store owners. I decided to give this one a try and I wasn't sorry. The vegetables and fruit were amazing! They also had a beef farmer and a fish farmer. It made me think of a Country Bazaar, because there were also musicians, food vendors and a gourmet coffee stand. 






I walked away with some delicious goodies! I can't wait to come back next week for more bounty. I have forgotten the smells of the garden. The fragrant basil, fresh head of lettuce, new potatoes with onion-like skin flaking away! 





Look at the beautiful farm eggs every color, but white! Today's supper will be simply delicious. This is exactly how we want to live and eat. Now, it isn't cheap at all, but the nutritional value is far greater and simply worth it. You just can't get the quality of a garden raised vegetables in the store. I definitely intend on taking advantage of this farmer market until it closes for the year.  




Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...