Sunday, July 22, 2018

Baby, It's Damp Outside

                                                                            Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                             everyday is a journey.

Whatsoe'er our lot may be,
    Calmly in this thought we'll rest,--
  Could we see as Thou dost see,
    We should choose it as the best.
WM. GASKELL.

It is damp outside. The moisture hanging heavily in the air anticipating more rain any minute. It has been raining on and off since Friday. The sky is overcast and the temperatures have dropped quite a bit. The cooler weather is welcomed here. All my windows are opened and I'm enjoying the breezes coming through. 

I wish I could say the same about my joints. Nothing but agony, pure sheer agony. I am doing everything to ease my discomfort to no avail. I don't think I can do anything except wait it out. This is my cross to bear. My grandma Berenice always said that we all have a cross to bear in life. None of us are exempt. 

So I have spent my rainy weekend catching up on writing, some Ministry work and definitely cleaning up my paperwork. No matter how many times I clean up the drawers or files or that junk drawer, it gets messy in a blink once again. I think that's why God provides us with days like these where they are way too muggy or overcast to do anything else. We have no choice, but to tackle all those tiresome chores.

Today's supper a simple homemade version of a veggie sub on a freshly baked baguette. Fresh garden basil, tomatoes and romaine lettuce from the Farmer's Market along with other veggies. It doesn't get better than this. Enjoy your Sabbath. Enjoy your time off on this rainy day.

Have a blessed day everyone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...