Saturday, July 28, 2018

A Crocheting Fest

                                                               Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.





The heart that trusts forever sings,
  And feels as light as it had wings,
  A well of peace within it springs,--
    Come good or ill,
  Whatever to-day, to-morrow brings,
    It is His will.
I. WILLIAMS.


How do you relax? What are your vices that you turn to when in distress? When I need to unwind, I take out my crocheting hook and yarn. I turn on my favorite Netflix show or movie and go to town! 

In the past, I would go into seclusion for an entire weekend. That's not possible anymore. I am lucky if I can have a few hours in the afternoon all to my craft. I look forward to the day where I can spend every evening before bed crocheting my heart out.

With all that has been going on around here, I took an afternoon while Emily went off to work to have a mini Crocheting Fest all by myself. The entire wall of my bedroom was piled high with boxes of all sorts. It definitely needed to be cleared out one way or another. 

My arthritis has been acting up big time and that has prevented me from crocheting. Whenever the flareup happens, I have a hard time sitting for long periods of time. It's kind of hard to crochet standing up, you know. 

The solution came in the form of a cabbage. We were really doing an experiment of sorts. There has been a lot of information streaming on social media about wrapping cabbage leaves on your inflamed joints with saran wrap. So Emily wrapped my legs with cabbage. Let me tell you, it was a sight to be seen. My lying on my back with both my legs in the air as she went to work nurse style! We laughed so hard! 

So far it seems to be working where I can sit at my desk, write this blog and do some crocheting watching my favorite detective series on Netflix. Oh well, the things we do.

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...