Wednesday, July 11, 2018

A Ministry Change


                                                                        Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                        everyday is a journey.






She met the hosts of Sorrow with a look
  That altered not beneath the frown they wore,
  And soon the lowering brood were tamed, and took,
  Meekly, her gentle rule, and frowned no more.
  Her soft hand put aside the assaults of wrath,
    And calmly broke in twain
    The fiery shafts of pain,
  And rent the nets of passion from her path.
  By that victorious hand despair was slain;
  With love she vanquished hate, and overcame
  Evil with good, in her great Master's name.
W. C. BRYANT.

So I have been doing a minor experiment of sorts when it comes to my Crocheting Ministry. I thought to myself, what would happen to my Ministry if we moved away? What would happen to the women?

Honestly, this has weighed heavily on my heart. I know one thing for sure, wherever I go, so does the Ministry. It has become such a vital part of me, how can I ever walk away from it? No, cannot do that. I would continue on, but in the beginning, probably all by myself. A Ministry of one? Yes, it could work until I became established once again. 

I'm sure you're thinking, why all this reflection? Well, we are approaching our 5th Anniversary and with it comes change as always. I am not one who looks for change like some people do. I prefer to have a set routine in place for organizational reasons. Things would flow much easier. 

Running this Ministry, I have noticed that change happens quite regularly whether we want it or not. For one thing, people come and go. For some, it becomes a Season in their life and then they move onto the next. We are in such a Season now. For every two or three that leave, one more joins. 

This Season we are entering is the opposite of what it was like last year. For instance, the ladies that were with us, loved to get together for coffee or to enjoy the woods outside once a month. Not so anymore. The new group seems to work at home with myself dropping off the supplies and picking up any finished goods. 

Now, I have three ladies that have been with me since the beginning. Another one comes and goes, depending on what is going on in her life. I appreciate each and every one of my ladies, no matter how long they stay within the Ministry. I thank God for them and their devotion to serving others. Another thing, some of our regular charitable organizations that we serve are either moving or being shutdown completely. 

In a way, that changes how we work. My experiment involves holding a gathering every two months instead of once a month. I also plan on changing how we donate. In the past, the ladies made whatever they wanted and I would find homes for their items. This time around, I will choose a couple of Charities at a time and we will make items for that particular organization. For instance, I may ask for the ladies to make baby hats or adults hats with scarves or large blankets. 

All of this is just for now. Things change all the time and we have to adapt to these changes to make it work. Hopefully, this will be good for the Season we are entering. Our 5 year Anniversary is almost here. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...