Thursday, July 5, 2018

Gone Visiting


                                                                   Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.


Thrice blest will all our blessings be,
  When we can look through them to Thee;
  When each glad heart its tribute pays
  Of love and gratitude and praise.
JANE COTTERILL.

Ever since this contemplative mood, I've been spending time with a few ladies that I haven't seen in awhile. That is very rare for me, because rest is something I don't do well.

Thursday was spent with a fellow co-worker by the name of Dorota who has become quite a good friend. She has been on FMLA for a few weeks and I thought I should see how she is doing. Spending time with Dorota is like being lifted into a tornado like in the Wizard of Oz. Hey, they even have the same name! She is very flamboyant and excitement runs through her veins vigorously. Her home is a reflection of her wild style with lime greens, oranges and fuschia screaming from every room. She walks fast, talks fast and sharing a simple mug of coffee is not her style. Out comes the china and beautiful crystal flutes when she entertains. You are treated like royalty with the best dishes, the best pastries and the best conversation. Love this wild friend of mine.

Friday I had breakfast with my mentor Anna. Once a year, she comes from Texas to visit her family for one week. Anna is the one who Baptized me in the living waters of Jesus. She is a business woman, an entrepreneur and a single mom of 3 children. She can accessorize an outfit like a fashionista. When it comes to jewelry, belts, scarves or handbags, no one wears it quite like her. There are certain types of people that one may not see in a long time, but when you do meetup, you just pick it up right where you left off. That is my Anna.

Saturday was all about my niece Kathy. She also happens to be my goddaughter. When we lived closer to one another, we spent many evenings going to lectures or enjoying a soak in the hot tub while sipping one of her homemade wines. If I watched a certain documentary or a hot topic of the world, you can bet that Kathy will want to discuss it at length. Nowadays, one can find her in the garden growing her own vegetables and living the life of a vegan. Being a stay at home mom is not enough for this ex-health administrator, she also teaches several courses in the evenings at the neighboring College. Mrs. Professor all the way.

These three women are just a few of my dearest friends. The variety is immersed in culture, ethnicity and personal tastes, yet each one brings something new and different to the relationship. I don't ever want to compartmentalize my relationships into nice little cliques. I value each and everyone of these ladies plus others. My only wish is that I can visit all of them. These are just three, but there are many, many more out there that I call friend.

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...