Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Hazy, Hot And Humid







                                                                        Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                         everyday is a journey.






Appear I always what I am?
    And am I what I am pretending?
    Know I what way my course is bending?
  And sound my word and thought the same?
ANON.

The weather has been crazy around here. One minute it's pouring, the next nothing except super hot and humid. I'm glad for air conditioning, because there is no way I could go without it. I have no idea how older generations had nothing except cool lemonade and a hand fan. God Bless!

So I have been trying to motivate myself into finally painting the kitchen. Quite a huge thing to do. The soul is willing, but the body certainly knows it's limits. A kitchen is a big and awkward room to paint. One may have maybe one or two large walls to paint. Otherwise, everything else is crooks and crannies. Under cabinets and hard to reach places galore. Ugh!

Another thing, I've forgotten how painting can make one's body feel. Plus, how much work there is involved. It's definitely much easier to paint an empty room rather than a full one, especially a kitchen full of gadgets! Ugh, what was I thinking?

The hot, humid and hazy weather hasn't helped either. The whole point is to have windows open for better ventilation and drying. So I begun this great, yet painful adventure of painting my kitchen. The color I chose also played an important role. I wanted something that would not show dirt easily, so definitely a darker color was in store here. I chose minestrone. 

Emily would go to work and I attempted to paint as a professional. Honestly, I'm tired already. I wanted a clean and fresh look and basically, I created a mess. Don't get me wrong, I will be happy with all of it when I'm done. Right now, my room is chaos with stuff from the kitchen. We are eating in the living room and I have no idea how Diamond has found her food bowl or her litter box. In fact, Diamond has been no help at all in this enterprise. If there's a pile of anything laying around, she just sleeps in it!

Have a blessed and safe 4th of July!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...