Tuesday, July 24, 2018

A Peaceful Day

                                                                                  Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                                   everyday is a journey.
  
O Breath from out the Eternal Silence! 
blowSoftly upon our spirits' barren ground;
The precious fulness of our God bestow,
That fruits of faith, love, reverence may abound

.G. TERSTEEGEN.


For the first time in a very, very long time, I missed my Women's Bible Study. This may not seem like such a terrible thing, but I just don't do things like that. Commitment means a lot to me and there are times where I make myself push through to get there. Since my radiation, I have days where food can make my colon a little weak and I become sick. Not a very pleasant topic to talk about, but it happens to me. It happened this morning and I didn't make it to Bible study.

A huge guilt came over me. Why didn't I push through this time? I could hear these words whispered in my ear. Not for long, though, because almost immediately another voice whispered louder. It's okay to rest. I think we all have a difficult time with the word rest. We don't know how to do just that. I'm learning and that guilt is getting smaller and smaller each time. I'm getting older and so is my body. 

It was a beautiful morning today, not too hot nor too damp, just perfect. I love having my windows opened and dread the day the humidity comes back. I'm grateful for air conditioners, but there is nothing like a cool breeze. What started out as a disappointing morning quickly turned into something lovely. Three letters came in the mail, two from friends and one from one of our children in the Philippines that we sponsors. That's a blessing. 

I want to point out that the poetry above is there basically as a reminder of a special teacher I had in High School. She was my literature teacher and everyday she would write a short poem or verse of the day on the blackboard. I knew nothing of poetry and a lot of the sayings were foreign to me. A penny saved is a penny earned. My family has been in the U.S. only for under ten years and I never heard things like that. I fell in love, especially with the poetry and quickly in my Sophmore year signed up for a class. The only problem . .. I don't memorize any poetry like many people do by heart. I'm glad you are enjoying it as much. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...