Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Today . . . .

                                                    Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.



Nearer, my God, to thee,
Nearer to thee!
E'en though it be a cross
That raiseth me;
Still all my song shall be--
Nearer, my God, to thee,
Nearer to thee!
--Sarah F. Adams.

Today. . . . I woke up ready to jump start my day. It was the last day at work before my Christmas vacation. I was so excited that it was finally here, that I couldn't wait to get my eight hours over as fast as possible. 

Today. . . . I was to drop off to two of my delivery ladies boxes so they could make that donation before the Christmas Holiday. It didn't quite happen like that. I only had one box ready, the other still not filled. I wasn't able to wash all the baby blankets, because the dryer was overfilled with quarters. It would not fit another round of items. By the time the association came, it was too late and I had to go to work. 

Today. . . . It was was the last day of my Beth Moore Bible study and I showed up late. It's embarrassing to walk in and have all eyes upon you, interrupting the leader. I truly think this was the first time I've ever been late for any Bible study. That wasn't the end of it, I also forgotten my tea.  

Today. . . . I drove straight to Costco after the study to pick up a chocolate cake for our Christmas party at work. Of course, they didn't have that particular cake that everyone wanted. I searched desperately for anything chocolate thinking I barely had time to run home, grab some things and head out to work. Ended up choosing a tuxedo chocolate mousse cake, hoping it was chocolate enough for those chocolate addicts.

Today. . . . It wasn't turning out exactly the way I hoped it would, but thank goodness the Holy Spirit came to my rescue. You see, as I sat sort of defeated at my desk, I thought to myself, this is not what is important.

Today. . . . I was going to enjoy a special meal with my closest work friends. These eight people have touched my heart and made the struggle I endure at work pleasant. They made me laugh and they cried with me. Why would I ruin that emotion, that loving feeling with what the world brings to my life?

Today. . . . I'm breaking bread with my friends. Have a blessed day everyone. 

P.S. 
The Gratitude Challenge:
I am grateful for the constant mercy that God shows me everyday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...