Monday, December 25, 2017

The Burrow

                                                                       Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                        everyday is a journey.


Yet in opinions look not always back;
Your wake is nothing, mind the coming track;
Leave what you've done for what you have to do;
Don't be "consistent," but be simply true.
--Oliver Wendell Holmes.


I've been waiting for that first snowfall of the Season. Waiting patiently. There is something so peaceful and serene about watching the snow enfold everything in sight. The trees, the shrubbery and rooftops look like a Norman Rockwell scene. A perfect, clean and picturesque painting of a scene we all want to live in. Everything safely burrowed deep in their abode. This is nature. This is life.

It finally did fall the other weekend, but it just covered the ground and not the heavy snowfall I was looking for. You know what I want? I want a real downfall like we used to have years ago. I miss that, don't you? 

Here I am off from work, longing for a blizzard of sorts. This way I can burrow deep inside my woman cave away from the rest of the world. And what happens? Absolutely nothing. With my luck, I will go back to work and that's when the bad weather will come. 

The burrow in my own mind is a tiny little cabin. There is a wood burning stove with a pot of soup simmering on top of it. I'm sitting in my armchair, crocheting a baby blanket with a cup of tea on the side table. Outside the snow is falling heavily and the world looks white. It's a still and silent world as every creature lays burrowed deep in their own nest. 

Do you have your own burrow that you keep hidden in your dreams? What does it look like? Whatever it may be or look like, don't ever let go of it. Keep it and cherish it in your heart. Treat it like a promise of what is to come. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 

P.S.
The Gratitude Challenge:
 I am thankful for the adult coloring book my friend Cindy introduced me to since they are so relaxing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...