Sunday, December 17, 2017

Some Visitors Stopped By

                                                           Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.



Well may Thy happy children cease
From restless wishes, prone to sin,
And, in Thy own exceeding peace,
Yield to Thy daily discipline.
A. L. WARING.


Today some visitors stopped by that I haven't seen for quite a while, my niece and her family. It felt just like old times as we sat around chatting away while enjoying some chocolate cake. Emily and I haven't really been entertaining much since moving here. It felt good to do so on this Sabbath day.

When we lived in Elmwood Park, getting together was a regular thing for us. I would often stop by Kathy's house, share a cup of coffee or a glass of wine over a stimulating conversation. I loved having discussions with Kathy, because they didn't involve idle chitchat about the weather. Way in the past, we often visited lectures in the evening together at the local college. 

They moved away first and the year that followed was pretty difficult for me. I missed our time together. I missed our hot tub moments where we enjoyed her homemade wine. I missed having a conversation with someone who actually understood why I do what I do. One of my favorites sayings of hers happens to be This is Lottie. This is who she is. I loved that, because she accepted me and wanted me to accept myself just the way I am. 

This is Lottie. She is overweight. She has cancer. This is how she looks and how she interacts with others. This is where she lives. Love yourself. Accept yourself. Be proud of yourself. 

Have a Blessed day everyone. 

P.S.
The Gratitude Challenge:
 I am grateful for great conversations with great friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...