Tuesday, December 5, 2017

A Free Morning


                                                                                  Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                                     everyday is a journey.
                                                                    




So do not fear,
 for I am with you; 
do not be dismayed,
 for I am your God. 
I will strengthen you and help you;
 I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. 
( Isaiah 41:10)


One of my favorite times is right before I rise out of bed. It's that 30 minutes before when I'm awakened completely and I'm thinking about my day ahead or even further. This morning was no different. I awoke to the sound of cars starting up, light barely streaming through the window. 

So I lay there thinking how all the plans I had for today got cancelled. My Beth Moore Bible study (the last session) was cancelled due to an outbreak of a stomach virus and the Church was being super cleaned. My mom's appointment was also cancelled so I didn't need to get up early to drop her off. Even at work, I was getting out a whole three hours earlier. 

This was simply too good to be true. I had a free morning and evening. Quite unexpected, but a pleasant twist to my day. Eager to jump start my morning, I was up earlier than I have been in a very long time. It didn't matter what I worked on first or last. What mattered is that suddenly I had extra time. Wonderful. 

Every year at this time I have these little projects that people ask me if I could help them with like mending a hole or tear in a favorite crocheted sweater. Just last night, a co-worker asked me if I could make booties for a teddy bear. Sure, no problem. It's funny how the minute people know you can crochet or knit or even sew, they just think you can fix anything like you're an expert. Which I'm not, but they seem to think so all because I can mend simple things.  

I also replenished a pot of chicken noodle soup. My last batch didn't come out as good as I wanted it. I'm not sure why, because I have made this soup since I was a wee girl. My stomach stills hasn't come back to normal, so soup is the way to go.

It's so nice not to have to rush through your morning, because there's a deadline or you have to be somewhere at an appointed time. I'm so grateful for these little tidbits that are thrown our way from time to time. 

Have a blessed day everyone.

P.S.
The Gratitude Challenge:
I am grateful for the little things in life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...