Sunday, December 10, 2017

A Poem, A Poem

                                                     Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.


Well, the snow finally came. Not as much as I was hoping for, but then, I'm not off from work just yet. It fell overnight on the  8th and 9th of December. According to the old wives tale, we should have about 8 or 9 snowfalls this Winter. We will see, it did work last year. 

It is Sunday today and my plans have changed for the day. Sometimes, that happens to us where unexpectedly things are altered and we have to adjust. I'm finishing up some baby blankets for a delivery that will be going out this coming week. I need to pass it on to my delivery person, Crystal, by this Tuesday. I wanted to stuff the box with as many blankets as I can for the low income moms. 

Sundays usually mean two things for us: One, Church and the other, family time. No matter what else we may have going on that day, it usually is centered around these two things. Church has to happen and so does Supper. I cannot express enough how important it is for your children to actually sit down at a table together to eat. I was a single mom when my children were little and I worked 2nd shift. We did not eat together. I see how my adult children center their meals at the table. It is a priority to them, because they never had that. 

I'll leave you today with the following lovely poem as you all sit down with your families today. Have a blessed day everyone. 

Looking over the ultimate sea,
In the gloom of the mountain a ship lies at rest,
And one sails away from the lea;
One spreads its white wings on the far-reaching track,
With pennant and sheet flowing free;
The ship that is waiting for me.
But lo! in the distance the clouds break away,
The gate's glowing portals I see,
And I hear from the outgoing ship in the bay
The song of the sailors in glee
So I think of the luminous footprints that bore
The comfort o'er dark Galilee,
And wait for the signal to go to the shore
To the ship that is waiting for me.
--Bret Harte.


P.S.
The Gratitude Challenge:
Today I am very grateful for the small things like a watching a good movie, a good laugh or even a steaming cup of hot chocolate. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...