Thursday, December 14, 2017

A Week Off


                                                           Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.





O happy house I and happy servitude!
Where all alike one Master own;
Where daily duty, in Thy strength pursued,
Is never hard or toilsome known;
Where each one serves Thee, meek and lowly,
Whatever Thine appointment be,
Till common tasks seem great and holy,
When they are done as unto Thee.
C. J. P. SPITTA.

Well, Thanksgiving has come and gone in a flash, hasn't it? It came in a hurried frenzy somewhere between running around shopping, your children's activities and work. That's what happens when a Holiday lands every year in the middle of the week. We really don't have time to truly enjoy it. 

Every year, I take off work during this time, usually spending some much needed catching up. Not so this time. One day for shopping. Another for cleaning the apartment. Third for Thanksgiving Dinner. Two more spent with mom. One for my Bible study. 

The next thing I knew, it was over. Somehow, I didn't regret any of it. I ended up relaxing with my family, my children and my friends. We laughed, we cried and we loved. Isn't that what Thanksgiving is all about? 

There is a change in the way I do things as I have gotten older. As much as I love busyness, I take more time to relax, especially with my loved ones. Don't get me wrong, I won't stop with having a full plate on my hands. I love it. I thrive on it, but I'm no longer is such a hurry. 

I hope your Thanksgiving was a good one, especially since we are approaching another huge Holiday. Christmas is right around the corner. At least, this one hangs around for a couple of weeks. Enjoy. Be merry and be filled with the spirit. 

Have a Blessed day everyone. 

P.S.
The Gratitude Challenge:
 I am grateful for a good book to read on a quiet night.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...