Tuesday, December 26, 2017

A Finished Piece

                                                  Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.





"I'm not where I need to be,
but thank God I'm not where I used to be.
I'm OK, and I'm on my way!"
joyce meyer

So I finally finished that huge afghan for a friend's mother. For the last two or three years, I've been making hats, scarves and afghans during this Season as a way to increase my yarn donations. I'd make these items and people would pay me in yarn, the amount depending on what the item was.

 I'm really happy with how this afghan turned out. It's one of my favorite fundraiser projects, but sadly, I think this will be my last. 

These projects take so much out of me. I don't spend enough time making items for charity and that's what my Ministry is all about. . . . charitable causes, not personal projects for other people. 

I can disguise it by saying I'm working for yarn, but it's still a duck no matter how I dress it. I shouldn't have to work on these types of projects just to make sure the yarn coffers are full. 

It's lovely and I'm glad for my last finished piece to look so nice. I hope her mom will like it.

Have a blessed day everyone.

P.S.
The Gratitude Challenge:
I AM GRATEFUL to have a warm place to live when it's freezing outside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...