Wednesday, December 20, 2017

A Splitting Headache

                                                                            Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                             everyday is a journey


Take my life, and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days;
Let them flow in ceaseless praise.
F. R. HAVERGAL.


I cheated the other day. It wasn't a spur of the moment cheating, but a planned one. I've written about my niece and her family visiting our humble abode and it was after they left, that my cheating began. I had a cup of coffee after almost six weeks of giving it up. I decided to treat myself to just a single cup. I had no intention of going back to drinking coffee full time and I had not done so. 

I didn't think there was anything wrong with having an occasional cup like at family events once in a while. Well, it seems I was definitely wrong. I didn't even finish half my cup and a massive headache ensued. My temple throbbed and I needed to take some pain reliever for it. 

Besides the headache, it wasn't even as delicious as I imagined it to be. It was so-so and I felt a little disappointed. I did learn a lesson here. When we are in avoidance of something for whatever reason, we seem to idolize how great it was in the past when we were consuming it. In reality, it was mediocre at best. Our mind likes to play games with us in more ways than we realize. 

So I'm not missing much without coffee. Will I have another cup? Probably at some point, but I won't go back to it. I can see that the coffee had quite an effect on my body. One, I do not wish to repeat.

Have a blessed day everyone.

P.S.
The Gratitude Challenge:
I am grateful for that delicious piece of chocolate cake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...