Monday, December 18, 2017

Your Purpose

                                             Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.



I wrestle not with rage
While fury's flame doth burn;
It is vain to stop the stream
Until the tide doth turn.
But when the flame is out
And ebbing wrath doth endI
 turn a late enraged foe
Into a quiet friend.

If money wasn't an issue; if materialism didn't exist; if education didn't matter. What would you love to do? What would you be doing just for the pure pleasure or hobby of it?

You can't even fathom something like it or some place, but there is such an existence waiting for us. We know it by another name- Heaven. I sometimes think that only in Heaven will I be able to live out my life the way I've always wanted to. The way that I was meant to.

We all have a purpose and I cannot wait to fulfill mine full time when I retire. This work business is interfering with what I consider my life's passion. . . . my Ministry and my writing. I could be doing so much more. So much, much more.

Ever since my cancer diagnosis almost eleven years ago, my main focus has shifted in serving my community and the people around me. Even though my Ministry is a crocheting one, I do volunteer and donate to many other avenues that have nothing to do with the craft. Charitable work is everywhere and everyone can do it. 

I look to these next five years in anticipation of what is to come. I may be getting older, becoming a senior citizen, but to me it spells freedom to engage my talents elsewhere in serving. I want to help. I want to leave a mark that lasts a lifetime. Life is not about money or position or power. It is about helping one another and the satisfaction in giving to those in need. I want to make a difference to someone. Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey. So live it.

Have a Blessed day everyone. 

P.S.
The Gratitude Challenge:
I am grateful for the stillness and quiet of first light. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...