Saturday, December 9, 2017

A Loop At A Time

                                                       Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.


The little worries which we meet each day
  May lie as stumbling-blocks across our way,
  Or we may make them stepping-stones to be
    Of grace, O Lord, to Thee.
A. E. HAMILITON.


I have been working on this queen-sized afghan project for a few weeks now and I have to say, it's coming out pretty darn good. I'm almost holding my breath as to how easy it has been to crochet this item. Every year, I have this co-worker who requests either hats or afghans from me. I willingly oblige since she loves everything I make her and she makes a huge contribution (and I mean huge) in yarn. Usually, this donation provides enough yarn for the Winter months. It's an exchange that works well for both of us. 

As the weather has turned colder and rainy, I sat inside crocheting these past few days. I cannot tell you how much crocheting relaxes me. It's the simple action of loop through another loop intertwining that stills my anxious heart. Such a simple movement holding such a powerful antidote to what ails me.

I'm sure that all of us have that something that we love so much and we feel empty without it. We cannot go too long without sinking our hands into it. Why didn't I realize this healing passion sooner in life? Why did it take cancer to bring it out of me? The answer is easy. I wasn't open to it. My heart was closed. God was knocking and I didn't answer. 

How many times has that happened to all of us? I wish I could say that I've learned my lesson and I go when God says go, but I don't. Take my Group thing. I've been heeing and hawing ever since God has laid it upon my heart. How much longer, Lottie? How much? Soon, Lord, soon.

Have a Blessed day everyone.

P.S.
The Gratitude Challenge:
Thank you, Lord, for giving me such a wonderful and healing gift. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...