Saturday, December 30, 2017

Let It Snow

                                                                 Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.


So it's been snowing lightly for the last two days. I think God gave me some of this snow to enjoy for my last weekend off from work. I am so grateful. It's very pretty and I'm starting to see children playing in it. It is cold here. We haven't seen temps of 7 or 8 in years. We have had pretty mild Winters these past few years. I'm so glad to see a real Winter once again, even if it is here for a few days. 

As I was going through some paperwork this afternoon, I came across this lovely poem called Let it Snow. Very appropriate, don't you think? I hope you enjoy. So let's go make a snowman!

Let It Snow
From: The Standard Book Of British And American Verse

Snow in the sky,
Earth turning white -
A tree like a ghost
In the gathering night;
Low clouds above.
White world below-
Barn roofs and houses 
Covered with snow .
Deep in his burrow
The 'possum is huddled,
Far in the bushes
Snowbirds are cuddled,
The creek in the morning
Coldly will gleam,
But I've got a fire, 
A hook and a dream. 

HAve a blessed day everyone. 

P.S.
The Gratitude Challenge:
Thank you Jesus for the snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...