Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Reading Time

                                                                       Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                        everyday is a journey.                        



O father, hear!
The way is dark, and I would fain discern
What steps to take, into which path to turn;
Oh! make it clear.
CHRISTIAN INTELLIGENCER.

Hello everyone! I haven't had time lately for much reading, but you all know my great love for books. Today, I'm only sharing three of them, but I definitely hope you will check these out. 

1.Worthy: She's Still There
By: Chrystal Evans Hurst
This was my first book by Chrystal Evans Hurst and in fact, I only knew of her sister Patricia Shriver. This is a book about our self worth and how we see ourselves. I loved to hear about her personal stories which made me feel like she was a friend. I thoroughly enjoyed her reflections and plan on reading more of her books. You can access brief video teachings on YouTube that go along with the chapters. 

2. Me, Myself, and Lies

By: Jennifer Rothchild
This book is another one on how we see ourselves and the things our thoughts say back to us. All of which are very negative and can be destructive to building our self esteem. I related to this book simply because I am guilty of doing this. I need to quit saying and thinking negatively about myself, even if it is done in a joking manner. She also has some video sessions on YouTube that pertain to some of the chapters. 

3. At The King's Feet
By: Dr. Joey Krol



Well, this book is a devotional written by my son the Pastor. I am recommending it for the simple fact that he is my son. Yes, I said it and yes, I'm doing it. Pastor Joey also shares personal stories for each of the devotionals, some that even I didn't know about. Just kidding. Seriously, his love for Christ has been evident ever since he was a small child and it shines perfectly through. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 

P.S.
The Gratitude Challenge:
Today I am grateful for online audios that I can access anytime I want. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...