Thursday, December 21, 2017

The Missing Link

                                                                 Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.




Look in my face; 
my name is Might-have-been;
I am also called No-more, 
Too-late, Farewell;
Unto thine ear I hold the dead sea-shell
Cast up thy Life's foam-fretted feet between;
Unto thine eyes the glass where that is seen
Which had Life's form and Love's,
 but by my spellIs now a shaken shadow intolerable,
Of ultimate things unuttered the frail screen.
--Dante Gabriel Rossetti.

I turned on the hot water, wanting to finish washing the dishes from supper only to find freezing cold water. Hmm, the water heater broke down? Checking my phone, I found a message from my landlord confirming that very fact. It's really not a big thing. It could be so much worse.

The day has been pretty good so far. I got up very, very early like a woman on a mission. First, an oil change. Secondly, a Ministry delivery. Thirdly, post office. Fourth, a visit by mom's. Fifth, a well deserved nap. 

It feels good when all the chores and errands have been done. Overall, things have been quite well, except for one thing. Yup, you guessed it. SNOW. I know there are people jumping for joy for all the mild Winters we have been having, but I need all my Seasons to be real Seasons. It doesn't feel right and that means I don't feel right. 

It looks like another mild Winter ahead of us. If it ends up snowing heavily, I'll be at work, not being able to fully enjoy it. You could tell that I'm feeling a little blue about it. Well, the water heater is on! I wish I could turn on some snow!

Have a blessed day everyone. 

P.S.
The Gratitude Challenge:
I am grateful for the delicious strawberries my mom gave me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...