Friday, December 29, 2017

Simply One Day At A Time

                                                         Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                         everyday is a journey



Up, up, my soul, the long-spent time redeeming;
Sow thou the seeds of better deeds and thought;
Light other lamps while yet thy lamp is beaming--
The time is short.
Think of the good thou might'st have done when brightly
The suns to thee life's choicest season brought;
Hours lost to God in pleasure passing lightly--
The time is short.
If thou hast friends, give them thy best endeavor,
Thy warmest impulse, and thy purest thought,
Keeping in mind and words and action ever--
The time is short.
--Elizabeth Prentiss.

Taking daily vitamins, isn't something we would have done years ago. We believed that eating vegetables and fruit every single day would have been enough, but it isn't. The amount we would have needed ingested daily a lot more than we think. None of us are really getting enough within our meals.

So everyday we take vitamins for nails, hair and skin. Also, vitamin C, immune system, bones and joints, turmeric, plus a daily supplement from A to Z for adults. 

Now there are people out there who may think that this is a little excessive, but I disagree. My goal is to live as healthy as possible for the life I was given. I'm all into preventive care, all because of my cancer journey. I want to be in remission for as long as possible. There is nothing wrong with any of it.

Just like the poem above says, time is short. I want to enjoy every single moment of it. Since taking these vitamins, I do see a difference in my arthritis pain. Don't get me wrong, it's not gone nor will it ever be gone, but I can maintain it better. I still battle fatigue on certain days, but that could be more from lack of sun and the Season we are in. Also, my lack of caffeine.

I have to realize that my body will never be what it was years ago. I did go through four cancer re-occurrences and that took a huge amount out of me. I might not be what I used to be physically, but I'm a lot healthier since then. So we take life one day at a time, not missing any of our vitamins. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 

P.S.
The Gratitude Challenge:
I am grateful for having done my Christmas shopping early and now don;t have to battle the traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...