Friday, December 8, 2017

November Days

                                                         Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey. 

Happy the man, and happy he alone,
Who can call to-day his own:
He who, secure within, can say,
"To-morrow, do thy worst, for I have lived to-day."
--John Dryden.


November has always been a great time of the year for me. I've always saved up as much of vacation as I could all year round just for this time. My week off usually consisted of spending time in my writing and catching up. I've always looked to this, because no matter what I was doing, it was done in a relaxing way.

This time around, it really didn't happen. I've had quite a bit of running errands to take care of and family came visiting. For the first time in years, it actually felt like a Holiday. You see, the family has always gone to the in-laws during Thanksgiving so none of us really had dinner together. Emily and I would have our Tofurkey spending the day watching movies. 

All of this togetherness, has me feeling pensive. It must have to do with the fact the year is ending and a new one is fast approaching. I've been mulling things over in my head about the past year. This is quite normal for me for this time of year, because I like to reflect on what worked and what didn't. 

I've also joined a Women's Bible study and to my surprise, barely kept up with everyone else. My concentration level was off big time. I would start well and finish poorly. Of course, that led to even more thinking on my part about what I really want to be doing in the New Year. What do I really want to change and what do I want to keep? More on this in future blog posts. 

Here's something truly crazy. I want a Christmas Tree. We haven't had a tree for a very long, long time. Diamond has a problem with the tree. She will not leave it alone, nibbling on all the decorations and knocking them off. What kind of cat eats tinsel, for heaven's sake?! She won't leave the lights alone. I have this image in my head of her getting electrocuted by Christmas lights!

I've been looking around for a small one like 3 to 4 feet tall that has lights already on it. I think we can get away with something like that. I told you, I'm feeling pensive this month. As I look out our living room window into the courtyard, I can see all my neighbors Christmas trees all lit up. I want a tree for Christmas.

Have a blessed day everyone. 

P.S.
The Gratitude Challenge:
I am grateful for the warmth of my apartment since it has gotten very cold outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...