Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Going Through The Motions

   As the month ends , I reflect on the many , many emotions that ruled this month . It's been a difficult month to say the least . Not only for me but for many of my friends .
   Several of my friends lost a parent this month . A few had car accidents , including myself . Some have been experiencing financial loss and one facing foreclosure on her condo . There was the devastating health news for Linda  and a death of a dear pet for another .
   Two days ago , as I listened to a fellow co-worker tell me her problems , I looked around me . All I saw were people who looked just plain tired , shoulders slumped , going through the  motions of everyday life .  At times , life is very hard and we do the best we can , but life goes on even when we want to stand still .
  It's been a sad month . Through it all , as corny as it may sound ,  I saw friends helping friends . I saw people reaching out to others . I saw love and compassion . . . . . understanding .
  Even though alot of us are experiencing upheaval and struggles now , there are others that are rising up from their ashes . Others , that have been where we are right now . When you have hit the bottom , you can only go up .
  To my friend , Kathy , who has been there  . . . . . done that . . . . . she is rising up from her ashes . . . . . . as you go out into the world , into a new life , a new beginning , a new house in a different state . . . . . GODSPEED my friend ! Only good , strong , beautiful things grow from ashes . May God be with you as you embark on YOUR journey .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...