Monday, August 6, 2012

Jack Of All Trades

WARNING !
               TODAY'S BLOG IS PRETTY BLUNT . I'M NOT HOLDING BACK .      
 Master of none . That's me . But aren't we all ? We are involved in so many things that I wonder how we can perfect a talent . To be really great at any one thing , you need to love it , spend time with it and nurture it to fruitation . We need to nourish it with our whole being , not just with a piece of it .
  I'm in awe of people who volunteer for everything and I mean everything . They have a real NEED to be part of it ALL . Why ? Is this how they feel valued ? Accepted ? Successful ?   How can they be productive in all of the things ? How do they find the time to do it all ? Eventually , something will have to give . That something is called burnout .
  Serving isn't about being involved in everything but GIVING my everything in whatever my ministry . If I'm a sunday school teacher , let me be the best teacher I can be .
   It's not just with serving . We get so wrapped up in our hobbies , our games , our friendships that these things become our ALL in our life .
  I have friends who , everyday after work  , have an activity or event that they need to be at .  We are just filling in all the gaps in our life with everything we can get our hands on . For some of us , if we fill it with church activities it's okay because it's church . So let's sign up for everything under the sun at church . Won't we be Holy , then ?
 I'm not attacking anyone personally here . I'm just as guilty as the rest . I constantly have to remind myself to just STOP and SIT for awhile . Won't you stop and sit with me ?

2 comments:

  1. Your question at the end is very, very poignant to me. It reminds me of the story of Mary sitting lovingly (probably, adoringly) at the feet of Jesus while her sister was rushing around 'doing it all'. Martha was so put out that Mary had the gall to just sit there, 'doing nothing', that she told Jesus to tell Mary to get up and help her. Jesus refused. He gently rebuked Martha, saying, "Martha, Martha, you are worried and troubled about many things. But one thing is needed. Mary has chosen the better part, which will not be taken from her." Luke 10:41, 42 In your loving and sweet invitation at the end of your post, Lottie, I hear you echoing the voice of Jesus - "Won't you STOP and sit with Me?" Thanks for the reminder, Lottie. Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you think so. I was afraid of coming across too stern or judgmental , pointing fingers sort of way .

    ReplyDelete

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...