Thursday, August 16, 2012

Avon Calling !

  My dear Linda , has taken my advice and is planning a short weekend away with her husband . How wonderful . Trips like these have been a staple in their life . This illness has put a stop to their much needed retreats . What does Linda love to do ? She loves to go fishing ! It's time to take the time and go , regardless of how she feels healthwise . Enjoy your life now . Convincing her took some time . Maybe , just maybe , this is what they both need . A renewal of both Faith and of Spirit .
  Since I work for Avon , she has always loved when I would give her a bag of goodies . One of her favorites happens to be face cream . She would run up to me before service and exclaim ," Doesn't my face look years younger ? It's that cream you gave me ."
  This past Sunday , when we greeted each other , I gave her a hug . She excitedly told me of her plans for this coming weekend and could I please let her buy a jar of face cream ? I laughed as I kissed her cheek . I told her , " You will never pay for anything I give you ."
  Running back to my pew , I already started planning a gift bag for her filled to the brim with all sorts of goodies  . If that's what it will take for her to feel good about herself again , then so be it .
  Isn't it funny , how something so insignificant to me could change a person's day ? I have different lotions at home sitting on my shelf . I pay no mind to them . I look at them everyday yet they mean no more to me than a paycheck . To Linda , it means quite the opposite . It gives her self-worth , a renewal and confidence . She looks good . She feels good . She is good .
  I think we all have that something that really doesn't mean anything to us but to someone else it's everything . What is sitting on your shelf ? What are you willing to share with someone else ? What are you willing to give away ?
  Taking my little gift bag , I walk up her stairs and ring the bell . Ding Dong ! Avon calling !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...