Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Forgiveness

  Forgiveness
                       to excuse for a fault or an offense . To renounce anger or resentment against
  Bible definition
                        to wipe the slate clean , to pardon , to cancel a debt in order for the relationship to be
                        restored .
   When I was in the hospital with my cancer the first time , I had to take these potassium pills .They were huge ! I mean huge ! The nurse would snap the pill in half so I could swallow , otherwise , it wasn't happening . The pill had a bitter aftertaste and it would make me very nauseous . I hated these pills . Sometimes , I would just pretend to take them and as soon as the nurse left , spit them out into the trash .
     Forgiveness is alot like that potassium pill . It's very hard to swallow . This is one of the hardest to do as followers of Christ . You can't just say the words , you need to actually mean them . It's as big as that pill and bitter tasting , but you need to swallow it so your soul can get better . Sometimes , we just don't want to be bothered with forgiveness and we spit the person out of our life . That's the easiest way .
     I've had quite alot of experience with forgiveness these past few months . Whether it be a family member or close friend , hurt is hurt and forgiveness is hard  . The pain doesn't lessen because of either one .
    I've read recently , that you shouldn't look at your friends and see how they hurt you ; You should look at them the way God intended them to be . That really resonated with me because we all are flawed . I , too , can hurt others and I'm sure I have .
   Having recently been hurt by someone very close to me , I know I have to let this go before it consumes my being . Having said that , now the hard part begins . . . . the healing  . . . .. the forgiveness and letting go of the pain .
   Do you need to let go of that resentment towards someone and forgive them ? No matter how badly they have hurt us , we have to forgive them . Let's forgive together .
  Have a Blessed Week everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...