Tuesday, July 31, 2012

From The Heart

  Not too long ago , My son  interviewed me about my St. Jude Ministry . Honestly , I didn't want to do it . I am a wallflower  and I felt very self conscious . After the interview , I had a vision of my bins overflowing with yarn . Just overflowing with yarn .
  That first week after , I walked around expecting people to shower me with yarn everywhere I went . Instead , nothing happened . I sent out that link to everyone I knew and nothing happened . People didn't even have a chance to open it up .
  My ego got inflated and I desperately needed to come down to earth and humble myself . God has provided yarn for all of my projects . I RARELY ever had to buy yarn on  my own . I knew God would provide again . It might not be bins full but always enough to get me through the week .
   From that moment on , I have received yarn from all around me . My Joe brought with him 2 1/2 large plastic trash bags full of yarn . I would open my door and a huge box was mailed to me from a listener on the radio . I walked into church and a fellow member handed over a bag of yarn . I opened up an email from an old boss and there's more yarn on the way .
  My bedroom is overflowing with yarn ! God is good to me ! You all are good to me !
 Inside one of those boxes was a letter that I want to share with you . It made me cry with joy . This is my encouragement because I lack courage as I undertake this project . This letter came from a lady named Carolyn .

Mrs. Krol ,
                 Joey had on his program about your knitting caps .This is some extra yarn mom had when she died 20 years ago . As I packed this yarn , I thought of different things mom had made. I shed some tears but I want this to go to a good cause .
              Mom died from her second time with breast cancer .She was going through her second time when I was going through my first time . I had chemo  the first and radiation the second time . I really wonder why my life was spared , especially the second time . God must have a project for me .
             There is not alot of any one color but I hope these various colors will be of help to you .
                                                                                                                         Carolyn

2 comments:

  1. Very cool! Made me think of that old saying, "Whom God calls, He equips!" We are blessed to be a blessing! And that you are to me!

    ReplyDelete

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...