Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Birth Of A Ministry

 As the end of summer approaches , I reflect on the goal I set when summer began . Not only was my body tired but so was my spirit . I felt deflated and worn out . I needed a physical and emotional rest . Having spent the early part of the year seeking approval from others , I have finally  found my self worth .
  God used my son to help me realize my true potential . It all happened with the interview . Looking back , I almost want to laugh out loud now ,  at how much I didn't want to do it . All the different excuses I gave him for not doing the interview . But God had other plans and the interview was done .
  When I first saw what Joey titled my interview , I thought , where did he come up with that ? A Ministry Birthed From Cancer . A strange title , don't you think ? Nothing average about that . I thought about that title for weeks . A ministry . I have a ministry . I , Lottie Krol , started a ministry . This is certainly the biggest thing I've ever done in my life . Nothing even comes close . To think it all came about from an idea .
   I have realized that all the approval I was searching for was inside me all along . I don't need anyone to pat me on the back or publicly acknowledge what I do . My satisfaction , my success comes from God . He has given me a talent that I can share with others . He has shown me that I can also makes a difference in someone's life . I don't need to join anyone's ministry to feel important because I have my own . Nothing nor anyone can take that away from me . This ministry is an extension of who I am and how far I have come .
    I have many fears concerning this project . There are questions and doubts swirling around my head . What if St. Jude's doesn't want these slippers ? What if all of this is for nothing ? What if people think this is stupid ? What if . . . . ? I voiced my fears to my niece , Kathy , once . Do you know what she said ?
   " It doesn't matter . There are charities and organizations all over the world . We'll send them
 there ."
   For the people who have donated yarn , I thank you from the bottom of my heart . God Bless !
 

1 comment:

  1. Yes, yes, yes, a million times over, yes and Amen! So happy for you, Lottie. The Lord is indeed using the talent He Himself invested in you to bless someone else. I agree with Kathy - there are many, many ministries around the world that would welcome the "work of your hands". As you know, I have a missionary friend in Romania who might like them. Or, if she can't use them, I know of ministries in India that are desperate for assistance. God hasn't laid it on your heart to do this for naught. He has a need in mind He is asking you to fill. I'm sure of that!

    ReplyDelete

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...