Sunday, August 5, 2012

Unapproachable Me

 I just found out something about myself . Something I need to work on . The person who brought this to my attention thinks they might have hurt my feelings . On the contrary . I'm glad they did . How else am I to improve ? Actually , it's not something new for me to hear . I always knew I have the air of unapproachability . An aloofness , a sarcastic humor that people at first meeting have a hard time to figure out . Do I mean it or do I not ?
  Even at work , I have kept myself distant . This is work , I would tell myself . No one ever seen the personable me . It's as if I was two people . The one at work and the one at home . Never did the two collide .
  Since the cancer in 2007 , I have changed quite a bit  or at least I have been told so by my co-workers . They have noticed the difference in my demeanor . Going through it the second time , I believe , has changed me even more .
 Having thought I had come full circle with becoming more approachable , it caught me off guard to hear that my bluntness makes people uncomfortable when they first meet me . That is the last thing I want people to feel when they are around me .
  How do I change ? How do I make newcomers feel welcomed ? I really want to change that about myself . Unlike others , I have no problem accepting and seeing the truth .The whole point to me is about living life better .One way to do that is to work on oneself .
  Does that mean that starting tomorrow I will be a different person ? No , because it will take alot of work on my side . It might take months , but I know in the end , the new improved me will come shining through . Have a Blessed Week everyone .

2 comments:

  1. Deliberate, focused change is very challenging to me! I have found that I don't do it unless I have someone to share with that is totally honest with me about me and willing to hold me accountable. That hasn't usually been fun for me, but without that accountability, I just spin in circles! I wish you every blessing, Lottie, and success in this journey you have begun. God is making us over into "a new creation"! If only we can survive the process! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you do not give yourself enough credit. No one likes change and even more . . . . . no one wants to admit a need to change .

    ReplyDelete

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...