Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A Food Diary

  Guess where I spent the day ? Yep , you guessed it ! The doctor's . That's my favorite hangout . I was seeing a Primary Care doctor  for the first time in 5 years . She gave me a complete physical from the top of my head to the tip of my toes . Sent me for lab tests , gave me a shot and handed me a cup for a sample . Yes , no part of me was left untouched .
  Why all this ? Well , just checking that there have been no side effects from my chemo  treatment . I walked out of there with three more appointments to add to my list of others . An appointment to an eye doctor there in the hospital , a return visit to her and a mammogram .
  Tests were not the only thing she did . I also got a lecture about my weight . I sat there and I took the lecture about not drinking soda ( soda ? What is that ? ) and eating donuts ( I can't even remember what year it was when I had a donut last ). The entire time she was speaking , my eyes kept reverting to her belly . I thought she was pregnant at least 6 months . Later , finding out she wasn ' t . Obviously , her own advice wasn't working for her either .
 Driving home , all I could think about was when in 8th grade , Joey had another bad report card and his very young teacher was giving me tips on how I can help improve his grades . I stared at that teacher just the same way I stared at my doctor . Little did she know just how much time and energy was given by me in helping this BOY ! But I listened and took it , then I went home and gave him hell .
  My doctor asked me to bring with me the next time I saw her ( in 6 weeks ) a food diary of three days and ( she says ) I shouldn't lie but tell the truth . She honestly thinks I'm sneaking donuts and chocolates and that's why I'm fat . I'm gonna give her more than three days . . . . . I'm going to give her a whole diary from today on . Maybe , she is right  and I will see my bad habits . Maybe , this will help me lose weight .
  In the meantime . . . . . .Have a Blessed Week everyone !
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...