Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Big Book

  Children naturally get excited about things , so when I found a big book on Noah's Ark , I couldn't wait to use it in Sunday School . As soon as I whipped out the big book ( as big as some of them ) their eyes became huge . They couldn't wait to see what was inside . Their excitement was very obvious .
  I needed to see that excitement . Needed to feel that I was a good teacher . That I was actually teaching these children something .
  I have a friend at work who loves to sing in church as part of the worship team . During the last service , as she was singing , one of her co-singers took the microphone from her hand . Apparently , they didn't like the sound that was coming out of her mouth . She , on the other hand , thinks she is a wonderful singer and couldn't understand why they did that .
  Maybe , that was me . Maybe , I thought I was a good sunday school teacher but in reality , it's not my calling . Doubts like these were filling my head lately . Maybe , I'm just a glorified babysitter .
 As Sunday approached , I took great care in preparing the lesson . Made notes and went over them in my mind during the week .
When the day came , I sent my helper upstairs . I wanted to be alone with them . I wanted to have their attention . All fifteen of them . Things went well and I felt re-affirmed .
 There are times when doubts set in and we need encouragement . We need to feel we are accomplishing our goals . We need to feel that what we are doing is actually worthwhile and fruitful .
Our Pastor says that we are planting seeds. Seeds that we won't be able to see until years from now .
 Have a Blessed Week everyone  and plant a seed .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...