Saturday, August 4, 2012

Let's Talk

   Waking up and  glancing at the clock , 1:45 p.m. , I grimaced and then I groaned  .  Don't feel like getting up but another fast-paced Saturday ahead . Lately , it hasn't been just Saturdays but everyday .
  I have no small children to take care of , yet , my schedule fills up and time evaporates . Another day gone before it starts . I keep telling myself that organization is the key but I never quite get there . When that doesn't work , I blame it on my thyroid acting up . Maybe , I haven't fully recovered from my bout with cancer .
  Whatever it may be , the fact remains that I'm tired . I'm overworked and I'm tired . Friday night at work , I tell my friend just how tired I have been and how there aren't enough hours in one day . She says to me , " Tired from what ? What have you been doing ? You have no small children . "
   I just froze . I have never been good at talking about myself . There are people out there that everyone knows about . Everyone knows their name . They make sure of it . We know everything they have done , said  and thought  whether we want to hear it or not . I am not one of these people . I find it difficult to accept compliments or talk about " me " .
  So I stood there and didn't say anything for quite awhile . What will this woman think of me if I told her ? Would she think I am boastful ? Or will she be able to see my sincerity ? Will she laugh at me and call me a Jesus freak ? Then something stirred inside me to let her know the things I've been doing outside of work . Let her know the real me not just the work Lottie .
   I told her about the Childrens Ministry , the Crisis Center , the Nursing home . I shared with her this very blog . I told her about my cancer . . . . the first time  . . . . . the second time . I spoke to her about  my goal for St . Jude's . I spoke about the now . I spoke about me and who I have become .
   I haven't really shared any of these things face to face with another person . It's much easier to write about them . No one can see my expressions and I don't see theirs . When I was done , she looked at me and thanked me for making her day . That now , no matter how bad her day was earlier , she can go home smiling .
   It seems that  speaking of my activities placed a warm glow inside her heart . It inspired her . It gave her hope . It made her have the desire to go out and do the same .
   As this Saturday ends , I'm still up working on my lesson for Sunday School . The list of things to be done really hasn't  gotten smaller . But I don't regret any of these things . I believe they serve a purpose . What we do is significant to someone out there , even if it is just one person .
  Have a Blessed Week everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...