Monday, August 27, 2012

Just Like Old Times

   Having coffee after work with an old boss of mine  brought back many happy memories . There are bosses and then there are bosses with whom you become good friends . In all of my years at Avon , I have had two such bosses . There is such a turnover with management by us that you will end up with a new supervisor every two years or so . Sometimes , it's been less . Having a boss that you connect with is a Blessing .
   She retired months ago from a different department . It's been a few years since being my boss . So this morning we shared a cup of coffee going over memories from the past . It was a good run  and I have missed her . She came with a bag of yarn asking me for an " altar call ". I did quite alot of altar calls for her during our time together and I'll keep doing them for as long as she needs me .
   She hasn't changed in appearance . Still wearing the same hairstyle and the same smile . She hasn't changed at all . The same attitude , the same way with words . You think I'm blunt ?
   We would sit for hours talking . She was my favorite boss . We connected right away and would sneak away into our secret hideaway  so we could have open conversations that no one could hear .
     What I liked best about her was that she treated me like an equal . She treated me like an intelligent woman .  She didn't bark out orders at me , but would ask my opinion  first . She cared what my thoughts were .
    So why this blog ? This woman treated me right . That's something that I'm missing at work . It wasn't " do this my way or no way " . We were a team . I felt like a human being . I felt I had a purpose . I felt needed and respected . I want to show her the same respect she gave me .
   All things come to an end , but it sure felt great to relive some past moments . Have a Blessed Week everyone .
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...