Saturday, August 25, 2012

Lockdown !

    I'm executing a lockdown . A lockdown in my own house . Who am I locking in ? Myself .
    You should know me by now . I take on way more than I can handle and then what happens ? Time runs out on me . I have tried to better organize myself to no avail . I don't know what I'm doing wrong . Any organizational skills I may have had , left me a long time ago . I am forever scrambling around playing catchup . Today , I'm locking myself in so I can catchup and maybe , get ahead on some of these projects .
     A friend of mine asked me what my plans were and I told her . She looked perplexed . You know that look ? That look where a person doesn't quite understand the situation . Doesn't know what to make of it . I don't think she knows what a blog is  or ministry work . We sometimes forget that not everyone is in our little circle .
     Driving home , I thought about that look . She probably thinks I'm crazy . I think I need to let her into my circle . I need to show her what I do . I need to give her access to my blog . I think the reason why I never did had to do with fear . It's much easier to share with fellow Christians but what about non-Christians ? Do I let them in ? Do I expose myself to ridicule ? Or maybe , they may really enjoy it . Or they may not .
      It seems that locking myself  serves another purpose as well . The purpose of meditation ,solitude and peace of mind . Sunday School will be starting up soon and the schedule will intensify . There will be more lockdowns and more cries of not keeping up .
     But for now , I'm punching away at the keys setting up schedules : sending out e-mails : writing letters : crocheting or whatever lands in my direction .  A little laundry on the side . I'll let you know how this lockdown goes . Happy Saturday , everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...