Monday, August 20, 2012

Oh , That Doctor Of Mine

  Having gotten the results back from my last set of tests , I was disappointed . . .. . again . These tests were for my basics like sugar , cholestrol  etc . Not only is my cholestrol a 206 ( 200 and below is great ) but I somehow developed an urinary infection . I haven't had an infection since childbearing years . I use a liner everytime I use the public bathroom . If this is too blunt for you guys , sorry , but I'm upset . Heaven help me .
  If it isn't boils , then it's a swollen knee like a balloon . My nails are  brittle from the chemo . My thyroid is messed up , yet again . Arthitis in my left leg  from knee down to my toes . My eyesight has worsened . Now , I have an infection and my cholestrol is borderline .
  I was so angry I could spit . . . .literally . After picking up my meds. from the pharmacy , I stormed about the house , slamming everything in sight .
  Eversince , my first round of cancer , I have changed my diet and my way of life . I tried my very best to be  healthy , to eat healthy and stay healthy . I drink 96 oz. of water daily . For someone to say that my cholestrol needs to come down . . . . well, smoke is coming out of my ears . I googled to see what I possibly could be eating to cause this . I don't eat meat , I don't fry anything , am not crazy about eggs . It must be the dairy .
  My one thing I love is my coffee  with cream and sugar . So now I should give that up , too ? At point , I thought of my next appointment with that dreaded female who likes to lecture me. I will not sit there and listen to her give me another lecture because I'm not being honest with her ( or she thinks ) . Yeah , right .
  Emily stands there , watching me throw a fit . All my anger switches to my doctor . Emily says , " Mom she just wants to get you healthy . Some people can give up soda and lose 15 lbs . You have to give up everything to get healthy ."
    I stood there speechless . Sometimes , that girl just says things . . .. .. Why am I really angry at my doctor ? She's not an evil woman . She really does want me to get healthy . So now , no diary can be added to my long list of " I can'ts " . I will have cream in my coffee , though . I did try for about five days to drink black coffee and folks , Mother Teresa , I'm not  .
   Two days later , my stomache virus hit . And how was your week ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...