Wednesday, August 29, 2012

You've Come A Long Way , Baby

  Here I am standing at Best Buy , waiting for someone to assist me . I'm buying a tower for Emily's computer . For one thing , I can't believe I'm doing this on my own . Having spent the majority of my life being afraid of everything , this is quite an accomplishment . Not to mention , running for help to the nearest relative . That was the old me . Or at least , I don't run to them as much .
   Of course , this independence was forced on me . I didn't volunteer it on my own . Why should I ? Why would I ? Who doesn't want to be taken cared of ? It's much easier to pass the baton to someone else in time of trouble , isn't it ?
   At some point in life , we need to grow up . We need to take charge . We need to do things for ourselves . It was time for me to do for myself . No more running to my family to keep taking care of me . It's scary and I'm still pretty much afraid of failing . How can I expect my own daughter to be independent when I can't be myself .
  After the tower was up and running , I reflected on all our accomplishments this year . . . . living alone  . I was proud , to say the least . We handled it and we made it through . I'm still scared , but with each accomplishment comes strength and confidence . I still call my family for advice or ask for guidance , but the doing is my own .
  Hey , listen to me , all fired up with confidence . Let's see how I am when things fall apart . Whatever happens in the future , I do like my life . I don't love it , but I like it . The loving part will happen when I'm where I should be . For now , this will have to do . Have a Blessed Week everyone .
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...