Saturday, August 18, 2012

My Son

  I have learned alot from my son . He may be only 27 years old but he has always been more of a friend to me than a son . I miss the relationship we have had while he was growing up . Because I had him so young ( 19 ) it seems we grew up together . He was by my side  as my partner . Someone to talk things over when needed . He listened and comforted me when a shoulder was missing . He was there .
  I always knew he would leave home and move out of state so there wasn't a problem with letting go . I prepared myself for that a long time ago . What I did miss was the things he would do for me like picking up milk on the way home . He would wash and clean out my car . To this day , I have a hard time doing that myself . My car is filthy . My car is  lucky if it gets a washup twice a year .
  I remember our mother/son dance at his wedding last year . I remember what he said to me . He said , " Mom . . . . you were the first woman I ever loved but now I have Aubrey ."
  Even though , I am very Blessed with a great daughter-in-law , I still miss the quiet alone times that we would have . I miss the things that he and I only would do . Now , he has Aubs to tell his dreams and goals to and that for a mother can be hard at times . Replacement can be difficult even if it is a good replacement . There is a saying that goes .......
          " A son is a son until he marries but a daughter is for forever ."
  There are benefits to having a grown , married son . He can take YOU out to dinner and pay . He can offer free vacations with the family . There always is a bed waiting at his house for " grandma ."
I can come over for dinner and not have to do the dishes . Yes , benefits .
 My having cancer has changed all of our lives especially my childrens . Each time spent is something very special . Something to cherish . I love the relationship that I have with both my children as grownups . It almost erases the teenage years . . . . almost .
  Have a Blessed Week everyone .
 

2 comments:

  1. I don't know, Lottie. If I had a kid who actually CLEANED my car, instead of just driving it until the gas tank was empty, I don't know what I would have done. I think you must be making it up! Just kidding! You have a wonderful son, indeed. He has been a great blessing to me since I've known him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha, it's the absolute truth .That's why my car is filthy now . Can't get used to having to do it myself .He used to do the groceries while I was at work .

    ReplyDelete

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...