Friday, August 17, 2012

My Daughter

  Emily has been the only child of mine that was planned . I remember , how much I wanted another baby . She was my third . A week after her brother , Fonzie , passed away , I found out I was pregnant . I never thought I would have a girl and when she was born , my first words were , " What am I gonna do with a girl ? " Needless to say , that little girl , has been my shadow eversince .
   Every mother has a child she spends on her knees praying about . That was my Emily . With a brother who has always been self-sufficient , she grew up in his shadow quite the opposite . We have loved hard , we have fought hard . She may not look like me , yet , she is the image of me . She is the most like me . She mimicks my mannerisms with precision not even aware of the fact   that she is doing so .
  Even now , as I watch her , I can remember being her age  and acting the same . I often wonder if she will make the same mistakes or will she be smarter ? Will she follow the cobblestones of where I walked ? Or make her own path in life for her children to follow .
  My cancer has been hard on both my children . They are so much alike yet , very different . Emily , once remarked to me that God will not take me away because He knows how much she still needs me . I hate to disappoint that child but I can die whether she is ready or not .
 When that happens , I hope she has someone in her life to help her deal with it better . Her brother has a wife but she has no one . That is my one wish . . . . . that she will find her mate in life before I die .
 Our relationship has evolved from parent/child to woman to woman . I love our relationship and I'm looking forward to seeing her go through the many stages of womanhood . I wish I can be around to do so . Have a Blessed Week everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...