Monday, April 1, 2019

The Sun Upon My Face

                                                    Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.



Let the wind blow east,
west, north, or south,
the immortal soul will take its
 flight to the destined point.
—Thomas Sheridan.


It was a chilly day, but the Sun's rays warmed my face. I lowered my car window, turning my face upwards to feel the golden sunshine. Oh, how I missed you. I could have sat there all day, crocheting quietly in my car before work. I was here early, because I wanted to make a stop at a Hobby Lobby. This wonderful store has been here all this time under my nose and I didn't even know it. 

It was peaceful sitting here watching my fellow co-workers walking in and out of the building. With the Sun streaming through the open window, I ate my grill cheese that Emily prepared for me and drank a freshly brewed cup of coffee. Mmm, a perfect meal on a perfect Spring day. I need more days like these. 

Once again, I wished I was living in the country. Once again, I wished I had a porch, a balcony or even a patio. Any of these would do, as long as I could sit outside on a day like this one. 

The heart yearns always for what it cannot have. Why is that? Emily's comment came back to me. Mom, Joey's place is so peaceful. A scenery out of every window and we have to go back to concrete. Ain't that the truth, honey. Ain't that the truth. 

Looking back on that day, I really enjoyed myself. I felt at home, completely at ease, as if I belonged there. How many times in our life do we ever feel like that? If any at all? Enjoying each and everyday is truly a blessing. God has been good to me. To us. This beautiful Earth is an example of God's gift to us to enjoy and bask in. Take a moment to stop and take a look around you. Admire the creation. Admire the handiwork. Then, be thankful to the One who provided it for us. For you.

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...