Saturday, April 6, 2019

The 100 Day Project: Day 3 Of Writing

                                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.




I will not doubt, though all my ships at sea
Come drifting home with broken masts and sails;
I shall believe the Hand which never fails
From seeming evil worketh good for me;
And though I weep because those sails are battered,
Still will I cry, while my best hopes lie shattered,
"I trust in Thee."
—Ella Wheeler Wilcox.

When we look at all the people around us, we think how their lives seem so well put together. They seem to be doing all the right things and going in all the right directions. Their children seem perfect, their relationships intact and in fact, their entire lives look perfectly run. 

Little do we know that they have the same problems if not more, as the rest of us. They hurt. They bleed. They rejoice. They succeed and they fail. Just like the rest of us. 

We tend to look at our own life and compare it to everyone else. Somehow, our life seems lacking in our own eyes when we do that. We are constantly looking and hoping for that something else. That one thing that will change our way of life for the better. 

These past few days have been revolutionary for me. You see, I was or am one of those people that secretly wished for another type of life. I would look at where I was at right now and wish myself away to that imaginary place. I might still get there, who knows? Only God, only God. 

In the meantime, I need to live right here in this moment. I keep saying that life is what you make it, but yet, I disappear within my mind to that fantasy land. How contradictory I've become. Life is good. I need to enjoy it more and live in the moment. When was the last time I've done something for myself? Maybe a massage? A manicure? A weekend away? Maybe just a quiet morning spent reading away from all the hubbub. 

We need some sort of leisure to take away all the stress and refresh us. I know that I am always writing about de-stressing, but am I doing what I'm preaching? Only when the stress is on overload, but never on a regular basis. Taking time for ourselves without feeling guilty is something new for most of us, yet it is necessary for our well-being. Why do we find it difficult to enjoy ourselves for the sake of just having fun? Life is moving fast. Too fast in many ways. Let's not allow life to pass us by.

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...