Sunday, March 31, 2019

Attacking The Pantry

                                                              Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.



In conversation be sincere
keep conscience as the noontide clear
think how all seeing God thy ways
and all thy secret thoughts surveys
Thomas Kerr


Why do the weekends go by so fast? I think, because we try to cram so much into these two days. Majority of us work Monday through Friday and there isn't enough time to take care of all our extracurricular activities. Truth be told, we all have way too much on our plates to accomplish everything. Yet, we continue to try.

This weekend was no different than all the others. We had such high hopes, but only made a dent in all the activities planned. Saturday, we went to the movies to see the much talked about "Us."
Emily and I had no problem getting the message and it was pretty easy to follow or at least for us. Not many people understood the movie. We do not go out to the movies on a regular basis, but it was nice to step out into the world and relax. I'll tell you a secret: We sat in the top row and I crocheted until the movie began. No one noticed.

Came home, made some supper and Emily went to bed. There are about four hours in the evening every weekend that I have to work on my blog, Ministry or Group activities. That may seem like a lot, but it goes by so fast. Just going through my e-mails takes about an hour. I dream about having a whole week off and doing absolutely nothing, but my work. I mean nothing. No shopping, cleaning, laundry or cooking. Just locking myself in and working at home. One day, that will happen!

Today, it is Sunday in the early afternoon and I thought it might be  a good idea to attack that pantry before the weekend is over. Now, that may seem like quite a feat, but my pantry has been sort of empty. I made a decision, a few months ago, to deplete the pantry as much as I could. I would not buy anything for it until I used up what I had. There were only two exceptions: Tomato sauce and tuna. I didn't even need to buy those. 

It went pretty well. There are some things I didn't get done in the pantry, but it was a good start to a project that has been on my mind for awhile now. At least, the food part was finished. All that was left were the odds and ends that every pantry holds. We even have a small chest of drawers in it and our medicine cabinet. I'm happy and that is all that matters. I did do something productive and it showed. You could see the difference. All in all, a good weekend. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...