Monday, April 15, 2019

The 100 Day Project: Day 12 Of Writing

                                                 Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey. 


Drop Thy still dews of quietness,
Till all our strivings cease;
Take from our souls the strain and stress,
And let our ordered lives confess
The beauty of Thy peace.
J. G. WHITTIER.

It snowed yesterday. It began as rain, then sleet and finally, a heavy snow. Every single time I looked out the window, it was worse than before. It just snowed and snowed and snowed right in the middle of April, a mere week before Easter. That was a first for me. I have seen many types of cold spells for Easter, but never snow. 

It just shows you how little control we truly have on this Earth. Life happens whether we are ready for it or not. Which brings me to my cancer anniversary that is coming up. I've been thinking this weekend about that moment when it does come back. First, I want to say that I have made my peace with my diagnosis of cancer being in my life forever. Yet, the longer we stay in remission, the harder it is when it does come back. The longest remission for me was 4 1/2 years and right now, I'm at 2 1/2 years.

That may sound weird to you, but look at it from my perspective. The longer the cancer lays dormant, the more we live our life as normal. We soon begin to forget what it was like for us. We can easily become complacent about oncology appointments or Ct. scans or blood work or regular doctor routines. Cancer treatments have a way of keeping us vigilant about these things.

None of us know what will happen in the next moment let alone a month or even a year. We may have a small inkling, but never truly the reality. Who knows? I may be free from cancer forever or it could come back at my next appointment. The point here is that this upcoming anniversary is a very important one for me in many ways. I do have something planned for it so you'll just have to wait and see. Consider this a sneak preview, lol.

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...