Tuesday, April 2, 2019

The California Zephyr


                                                      Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.



life a noxious weed which whirlwinds sow?
A useless flint o'er which the waters flow?
Not so!
A life well spent has not its weight in gold;
It is the clearest crystal earth doth hold,
A gem beside which suns seem dull and cold.
—Robert Louis Stevenson.

I have always held a love affair with the trains. If I could see the world on a train, I would go in a heartbeat. Nothing beats it. Not a plane. Not a cruise ship. Well,  perhaps a road trip? I would love to see the fifty states via a road trip, but that's another blog.

Since my last train trip, I have a this burning desire to go on another and this time the California Zephyr. Everyone was talking about this train ride through the beautiful mountain scenery. It travels from Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, Colorado, Utah, Nevada and finally California.  Supposedly, the views are spectacular!

We met many people that were travelling on the train as a vacation. They would go on one train for a few days enjoying the scenery and getting onto another coming back home via a different route. Now that's a trip I want to take. 

If I was travelling alone, I would definitely take the cabin again. For one person it is quite spacious. Two people it's also okay, but at night when the beds are brought out, it can be a bit tight. It is nice to have your own bathroom right in the room with you. 

There is just one problem, they do not have wifi. Or at least on the one that I have been on. Is it because of the mountains? When I was on the train to travel to Joe's, there was wifi on that one. It was only a three hours trip or so. No mountains along that route. I also remember someone telling me once, if it's really important to you, you will do something about it. They are absolutely right. Wifi can be easily rectified. 

Maybe this is a trip I can take one day before my retirement or right after. Definitely something to look forward to and to work towards. Where would you like to go on a train?

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...