Thursday, April 11, 2019

The 100 Day Project: Day 8 Of Writing

                                                                 Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                   everyday is a journey.


Let thy day be to the night
A letter of good tidings! Let thy praise
Go up as birds go up--that when they awake,
Shake off the dew and soar.
--Jean Ingelow.

Sometimes, I want to find a small house like the one above and just plain hide from everyone. I guess I live an Imaginary Life within my head. When life becomes too much, I daydream about that life. I can see it clearly in my mind. The furnishings, the color of the walls and the layout of the cottage vividly can be seen. I can see myself going about my everyday life according to me.

This week has been difficult to say the least. At least, at work. Every job has the same type of people in it. You have the troublemakers who like to stir up things between others. Then you have the ones who are always miserable and take it out on others. Then there are the ones who get along with everyone and try to keep the peace. Well, the troublemaker's and the miserable's have really kicked up a storm at work this week. 

I'm tired emotionally and I need to retreat into that secluded cabin above. Have you ever felt like that? I have, but honestly, I think we all have a secret imaginary life. Some of us escape by reading and others by playing videos games where they save the world. Some even watch movies and pretend they are the hero or heroine. We all have ways of escaping into these secret worlds of ours. 

There's nothing wrong with it unless we forget what is reality and what is fantasy. There are people who escape into the imaginary and never come back out. That can be very scary. Don't fall into that trap. Another escape is living in the past, romanticizing something that is not. That's even scarier. Believe me, the past is the past for a reason. Don't live there.

What do you escape to? What is your imaginary life like? Can you escape back into reality when you're done? I certainly hope so.

HAVE a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...